Edibles: Mini Apple Pies
Makes about 5 pies
Start by prepping Cannabutter:
28 Grams of Weed
1 Cup of Butter
1. Decarb the weed by baking the weed at 200˚F for 90 minutes on a baking sheet.
2. In a small pot, melt the butter at a slower low temperature to avoid any burning.
3. Once the butter is melted, add the decarbed weed and stir on low for between 1-3 hours, then remove from heat.
4. Strain the butter and weed mixture through a cheese cloth into a sealable container.
5. Let cool.
Mini Apple Pies
– 4 Honeycrisp Apples, peeled and diced
– Juice of 1/2 Lemon
– 2-3 Tbsp of Cannabutter
– 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
– 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
– 1 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground
– 1 Tsp Nutmeg, ground
– 1/3 Cup Water
– Pie Dough (depends on shape of the final product, but 2 boxes of dough yields about 5 tarts)
1. Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
2. In a pan, gently heat the weed butter over medium heat until melted.
3. Add the diced apples and lemon juice and gently cook until the apples are soft, but not mushy.
4. Add the brown sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg and water and stir gently until the sauce thickens and coats the apples.
5. Transfer the filling onto a pan and cool. Put the filling in the fridge to help it cool faster.
6. Roll the pie dough out and cut into rectangles. Make sure the top layer of pie dough is a little bigger than the bottom piece so it will seal correctly.
7. Once the filling is cool, scoop a few spoonfuls onto the bottom piece of pie dough. Place the top piece over it and press the edges gently so it seals. They can also be cut and pressed to make more even edges.
8. Using a serrated knife, cut a few slits into the top of the tarts.
9. On a sheet tray lined with parchment, bake the tarts for 20-25 min or until golden brown.
Pro tip: If you want a stronger dose, you can also melt some additional Cannabutter and drizzle it over the top of the tarts.
SUBSCRIBE for NEW VIDEOS EVERY DAY – http://sprdlx.co/1jMsrza
Super Deluxe is an entertainment company committed to amplifying creative voices that live just outside the mainstream.
Subscribe for original shorts, series, animations, and more things that are, as one of our beloved commenters put it, “Always weird to watch but hard to look away.”
Super Deluxe now has an email newsletter that does pretty much what email newsletters are supposed to do. Sign up here: http://www.superdeluxe.com/newsletter
We want to hear from you! Fill out this survey and tell us what you think about Super Deluxe: http://www.superdeluxe.com/survey