But can the oils break down on your skin to produce the free fatty acids again? If so, then oleic-containing oils will disrupt your skin barrier, and lauric-containing oils will be more antibacterial than benzoyl peroxide!
This question doesn’t really have a definitive answer, but in this video I present the evidence that suggests that oils WON’T break down on your skin.
Strap in for some serious skincare nerdery!
Want smooth, glowing skin? Grab a copy of my (free) Essential Guide to Exfoliation! https://labmuffin.com/exfol
—WHAT THIS VIDEO COVERS—
* What is a fatty acid? What is a triglyceride?
* When can oils break down to free fatty acids?
* What do the studies tell us?
* What oils CAN’T do for your skin
* What oils CAN do for your skin
The info in this video looks straightforward but required me to buckle down for two weeks and skimread 400+ papers (T⌓T) to try to make sure I didn’t miss anything important – I went through the pain so you don’t have to!
More details in the blog post: https://wp.me/p5mgAw-2eV
—MY FAVOURITE SKINCARE OILS—
* Rosehip oil: http://amzn.to/2CvnZ1g – A linoleic-rich oil that’s great for oily skin and has small amounts of tretinoin in it
* Hempseed oil: http://amzn.to/2HpA6kh – Also linoleic-rich, great for oily skin
* Sunflower oil: http://amzn.to/2ECOtnt – Comes in both linoleic- and oleic-rich versions, more oleic usually means better for dry skin. Very budget-friendly!
* Why linoleic acid and rosehip oil might fix your skin: https://labmuffin.com/why-linoleic-acid-and-rosehip-oil-might-fix-your-skin/
* Are unsaturated oils bad for your skin?
* Why coconut oil is the best hair oil (and how to use it): https://labmuffin.com/why-coconut-oil-is-the-best-hair-oil-and-how-to-use-it/
* Oils for oil cleansing: https://labmuffin.com/oils-for-oil-cleansing-review/
* Do oils make your face less oily? The myth of rebound oil: https://labmuffin.com/moisturising-make-skin-produce-less-oil/
The Lab Muffin Guide to Basic Skincare is here! Find out more: https://labmuffin.com/skin
Background Music: Antti Luode